Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pics of Tri Position and Road Ride Results

Figured since I had the fitting I should post a photo of the results along with a ride report. So here is the photo:


This past Friday the weather was nice so I cut out of work a bit early. It gave me enough time to do one of the longer routes where I live. It is a really nice 36.2 mile route around the southern part of Aquidneck Island in Rhode Island heading through Newport onto Ocean Dr. Traffic was a little heavy in parts as some of the tourists were out driving around. On a blind corner, I almost ran into the back of a tour trolley that had just stopped near a farm.... "Serenity Now"! The sun was out in force until I hit mile 30 passing the beaches. The wind had shifted, the air cooled off, and it brought the fog in. The fog/mist eliminated the sun which dropped the temperatures 10-15 degrees immediately. My speed took a huge hit. I lost a full .5-.7 mph average on the last 5 miles.

Result: 36.2 miles, 1:51 minutes, 19.57 mph (Garming said 20.2 mph at the first 31 miles)

Fairly inline with my 10 mile Computrainer TT results.

2 comments:

Judith said...

Sounds like you have some pretty nice places to ride....Time Trial position in Garmin gear - appropriate I would think given the street cred of the time triallists in the team.

ribuck97 said...

Haha... Wish I was remotely close to how fast they are. Actually, the gear was a give from my loving wife this past year. It is actually my newest jersey so due to the weight loss I've had, it's the one that fits me the best.