Thursday, October 15, 2009

2009 over... 2010 starting...

In review, 2009 was my first triathlon season, complete with a bunch of new firsts... my first Olympic distance, my first wreck during a race, and completion of my first half ironman. When all said and done, I was proud of what I had done in a short time. To top it all off I had also dropped 11 more pounds from winter highs down to 175lbs. My total weight loss now over 4 years is at 73 lbs!

So, the big question is what will 2010 bring?????

I would like to continue into my second season of triathlon. The results of Dr LAG, who hasn't lost his age group and won 3 overall races, has motivated me to get better. So, after 3 weeks off, I've started training. Training for what you ask... well, the races are still in the planning stages but there are a few local races that I'd like to do:
  • Rev 3 Half Ironman at Quassy Park in Middlebury, CT
  • FIRM Old Colony YMCA Olympic Triathlon
  • Narragansett "Save-the-Bay" 1.7 mile fundraising swim
The "Save-the-Bay" swim, I've lived most of my life near areas that have bay swims like this and always wanted to do one. Well the masters team I practice with tried to talk me into doing it telling me that I could win it. Next years goal will be to raise the $300 to benefit the local bay cleanup effort and to attempt to win the race!

The FIRM Old Colony will be a repeat of an Olympic distance race I did this year. This will be a test event to measure overall improvement year over year and my last measure for my "A" race. Given similar conditions, I hope to beat last years time by 5-7 minutes.

The Rev 3 HIM will be a fitness race. Reports from last year claimed this race was a very challenging bike course with fairly flat run course. It is also a family friendly event which is held at an amusement park and the spectators are able to watch the race from a large projection screen.

Then there is my "A" race. This announcement will be forthcoming.... all I can tell you now is that I've got a lot more training to do! So stay tuned....

No comments: