Sunday, November 1, 2009

Big news... Race list for 2010 all set!

In my last post, I came up with a list of races that I had hoped to do... well, by sheer luck, good timing, and some donations my race list for 2010 is complete. Here is what I'm looking forward to:
And here is the exciting news... my "A" race for next year will be:
There it is. In September of next year, I will attempt to become a true endurance athlete in my attempts to complete a 2.4 mile swim, followed by a 112 mile bicycle ride, and then run a full marathon of 26.2 miles.

The reason this news was on hold was that the registrations to the Rev3 races were made through Ebay charity auctions to raise money to benefit the WarOnALS and the BLAZEMAN Foundation. For those of you that don't know the story of John "BLAZEMAN" Blais... I invite you to watch a short documentary on his journey here.

So now the easy part is done.... time to start training. If you notice I added a training mileage log on the left to track my progress and how far I'll travel in my season. I'll post the cumulative updates along side the weekly mileage.

3 comments:

Glenn_in_MA said...

How did you end up liking the Adamo saddle? I need to look for a new one to ensure my "problems" from last year do not happen again.

ribuck97 said...

Lets just say Adamo saddles are "different". I have two bikes, my roadie and my tri bike. I have the Adamo on the tri and a Fizik Arione on the roadie.

I absolutely love the Arione on the roadie... and I thought that I would like the Arione "Tri" version on the tri bike. I was wrong. I thought I would get comfortable with it. Nope. The thing with the tri position, at least mine, is that you end up riding more on the nose of the saddle. Well, the goal of the saddle is to hit the two sit bones. When you ride on the nose, you miss the sit bones and end up with a single pressure point where you shouldn't. The Adamo with its split nose attempts to eliminate that.

All that said, I love the Adamo. I experience no numbness or pain, even on the trainer... Its a love/hate item. I do know that some people actually zip tie the nose a little to pull the split nose closer together.

If you can't find a source to demo a saddle, this store offers "demo" saddles for $25 for 7 days. You like it, and buy a saddle within 30 days and get a $20 credit:

http://www.trisports.com/demo-blackwell-research-ism-adamo-road-saddle.html

Glenn_in_MA said...

Thanks for the feedback!