Friday, September 5, 2008

First Tri - Race week report

So, race week came with no physical activity for a month. What to do. Well, first thing was to find out if my ribs would hurt. So up went the bike on a trainer for a quick 20 minute session. Basically just a test to see if the aero position on the bike would hurt. 20 minutes done, no pain.. so good to go!

The next day was a good hour long road ride to get comfortable again on the bike. No pain, so far so good...

Two days before the race I still hadn't pushed myself so I joined the local bike shops weekly bike TT race. Its a short 8 mile TT so it would give me a good workout. I'd push it till it started hurting, either my ribs or my legs, whichever came first. Well, never got the change because I flatted 4 miles in. But, again no pain... so the race was on!

Day Before - Went out for a relaxing recovery ride just to flush out the legs from the previous night. Talked to my cousin (who runs marathons) and he decideds to do the race too!! Getting psyched now.

Up Next - Race Report

No comments: