Monday, September 8, 2008

Time to start talking training

Ok, enough about my first with no training.... now its time to talk about what I've been doing since my recovery week.

Basically, the weeks have been going like this:

Sat: 2-3 mile run
Sun: 40-65 mile bike ride
Mon: rest day
Tues: 45 minutes on the treadmill or 30 mile bike ride
Wed: 10 mile bike to pool, 1 hour swim workout, 10 mile bike back
Thurs: rest
Fri: rest

I did this basically the last two weeks and have pretty much destroyed my legs. At the pool, my calves have cramped up so bad I could hardly walk. The first week it was my right leg, the next was my left. I don't think I was drinking enough water/sports drink. I gave my legs some rest this past weekend (skipped the Sat/Sun run and bike ride) to try and recover.

Overall, running is my weakest discipline so that is where I need to spend the most time.

Next update: Three weeks till second race.

No comments: