Sunday, April 26, 2009

Great Weather, Great Ride!

After a terrible week of work and no biking it was finally time to get outdoors and pedal. The weather cooperated with temps into the upper 80s with no wind.

Packed up the bike and headed for the weekly group ride at Village Bicycles. Met up with a friend at work. They pulled out the maps and had planned for a 68 mile ride. The groups got setup and I thought I was going to average in the 15-18mph range. That would have been fine. Off we went when my friend said that we should check out who is in the lead group. So off we went sprinting to play catch up.

50 miles later, and I was in a group of 4 including the shop owner and one of his employees. Both of whom are doing the Race Across America. I cracked in the end... But I averaged 19.8mph. Not bad for an early spring ride coming off of knee injury!

Speaking of the knee injury, the shims that were added to my cleat worked wonders. No knee pain at all... no ankle roll... no numb foot on the outside. The money spent on the fitting was well spent.

I can't wait till Tuesday's group ride!!!

2 comments:

sarah said...

Wow, Jamie! You did great, I'm glad the knees are feeling good.

Judith said...

One of big rules about riding is that it has to stay fun....seriously sometimes on the windtrainer when you are thnking "I just cant' do this"....you push a bit harder..but it has to be fun!