Sunday, April 26, 2009

Vacation!!!

So every year in Mar/Apr, the wifey starts complaining about needing warm weather so we tend to make a migration. This year, due to all of the deals, we took a 7 day Western Caribbean cruise that went out of Miami and did port calls at Roataan Honduras, Belize City Belize, Cozumel Mexico, and a stop at a small island in the Bahamas owned by the cruise line.

Overall impression: I would cruise again!!

The stops were so-so, the food was great (I recommend freestyle cruising), and the relaxation spa was grand! The weather was great and the seas were calm. The entertainment on-board was really good, especially the comedians.

Because we were eating so much, to not gain weight we decided to take the stairs the whole cruise. When your cabin is on deck 8 and the pool/restaurants/bars are on either deck 6 or 12/13 you end up with a lot of stairs. I also brought along my old shoes with SPD cleats and took 3 spinning classes. On two of them, the instructor made the workout more like road riding with 3 hills in one hour. I left each session leaving a puddle on the floor.

I highly recommend a cruise.

No comments: