Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 1 - Season begins

The training season began today in earnest. It just took a little longer to get started than I wanted. I was going to try and get up early to start a morning workout.... ummm, yeah I don't think so. I didn't get up to 8:30.

So once I got moving, everything was good. I did the following workouts on the gerbil machine, aka the vaunted treadmill:

Morning: 20:00 minutes total, 1.68 miles, 5.0 mph pace, 200 calories, avg heartrate of 156 bpm
Evening: 20:00 minutes total, 1.68 miles, 5.0 mph pace, 240 calories, avg heartrate of 149 bpm

Both workouts were 5:00 minutes @ 4mph warmup, 10:00 minutes @ 6 mph, 5:00 @ 4mph cool down. The interesting thing was the calorie counter difference. I forgot to enter in my weight so the morning was based off of the default 150 lbs. The evening was based on my true current weight of 184 lbs.

For the record, I really like the treadmill we got. It has the nicest deck and belt system. It feels like you are floating. Hopefully it helps with my running ability.

I'll check back in at the end of the week to report my total stats. Maybe I can convince my friend Sarah to show me how she creates all of those fancy graphs.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Good start! I like the way you are splitting the workout into a morning and afternoon session. I just make simple spreadsheets and can generate the charts from them.