Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First attempt at the "EasyLoop" ride

It was a balmy 40 degrees outside today.... before the 15 degree wind chill. Some of the other die-hards were probably out, but I tend to hit the trainer until its above 50. So fired the unit up, browsed through the course list, and selected "EasyLoop". Its a nice 1.92 mile loop. I had planned on watching 2 episodes of "Lost" today so I selected 20 repeats of the loop, selected a scenery file... and hit start. Two episodes of a TV show, 5 minute warm up, 5 minute cool down. A good 1:30 hour trainer ride! The other benefit of doing loops is that you can get your times per loop and get a good idea of whether or not you are tiring.

I haven't analyzed any of the reports yet... but here are my stats:
  • Avg Mph: 19.7
  • Peak Mph: 25.4
  • Distance: 30.47 miles
  • Avg watts: 179
  • Peak watts: 345
  • Avg RPMs: 92
  • Avg pulse: 155
  • Peak pulse: 174
  • Calories: 983
I'd be interested in seeing my lap times.... Overall the ride felt really good. Was pushing it fairly good, but still felt like I could put in another 30-45 minutes. The loop felt like a lot of the roads around the area so thats a plus. Can't wait to get back on!

No comments: