Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Workout room complete

With the addition of my new (to me) Computrainer and the replacement treadmill our house was in desperate need of a makeover of some of the rooms. Originally, I had setup the trainer in the "man" room in front of a large television. Then we had the treadmill and a bowflex in our "guest" room with a twin bed. Not very "guest" friendly. So I spent the better part of a week taking things apart and moving them to different rooms...

Here is the final product of my Computrainer setup:


As you can see, I have a very nice little setup. I'm relatively close to the monitor so I can view videos (currently I'm going through the "Lost" series). I have a fan to keep me nice and cool. A TV tray to keep bottles, gels, towels, etc. I even have a few candles for the summertime. Here is my view while riding:


So then I can step off the bike in foul weather or late nights and hop right onto this:

From the time I'm spent on it (True Z5), which is not very much at all due to the knee, this is a wonderful treadmill. It has one of the best deck/belt combinations I've seen. We have it facing the window to our backyard which overlooks a farm. I can't wait to be able to use it!

Overall, we have a very useful little home gym! A weight training machine and several aerobic machines. Now time to get to work....

1 comment:

sarah said...

Wow! That is a sweet setup! It will help that you've got plenty of room so T can work out at the same time and you can motivate each other.